13 August 2010

Pubs I knew.



Another lovely treasury comes my way, my featured souvenir scarf of London was sold so I'm showing another one. This treasury Get the London Look, made me quite nostalgic. I was born in Shorditch, which is in the east end of London. They say only people born within the sound of Bow bells, which I was, can call themselves a true cockney. In fact, my parents were running a pub called 'The Bell' at the time of my birth. I then went on to live in
The Marquise of Granby, I believe on Goodge Street
The Cock, Kilburn High Road
The Gregorian Arms, Jamaica Road, Bermondsy
then my dad decided he did not want his 'girls' bought up in the docklands so we moved to
The Kings Head, on the East Kent coast, Margate
and finally The Captain Digby in Kingsgate.
Quite a long journey to a lovely, tiny island on the Georgian Bay of Lake Huron!



taken in May, on our first trip up this summer ( my knitting view)
Taken this week....son-in-law and granddaughter enjoying some artistic time together and the view the other way (my g&t view)




Its the day after Thursday so it must be Hermes day.

3 comments:

  1. I bet you have fond memories of the places that you lived. I visited London, but would love to see more of England. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you're a cockney!! How exciting!! My daughter works just around the corner from Goodge Street, what a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jan for the lovely mention. It is also great to hear fellow Etsians stories etc on my home town from wherever you live in the world. I used to work in Shoreditch a few years ago but north London is my area and yes we hve a black cab driver in the family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...