17 July 2012

remembering Elizabeth


My good friend  and neighbor Judith gave me a collection of her mothers scarves. Elizabeth died last year.



Although I only met Elizabeth a dozen or so times over 20 years  I felt that I got to know her a little bit better as I went through her collection. She was ever the fashion plate and always immaculately turned out.



 Here is my very favorite, a delicate Liberty silk scarf, perhaps from the 70s , pearly grey, with a summery, country hedgerow pattern. I shall always remember her whenever I wear it.




 Another couple of Liberty scarves, the pink one has no label/logo, but I am 80% sure it is Liberty.
 (unlike these when I was 99% sure)


 Of course, the scarf does not have to be made for Liberty to be sold at the store. Here, an elegant, understated 'chain' motif, made in Italy.



I have always wished that I have kept the Richard Allen scarves that have come my way. I believe they were a division of Jacqmar.
What would my blog be without an almost weekly scarf post?


M

3 comments:

  1. Judith could not have picked a more worthy recipient:)

    So touching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Elizabeth would be happy that they have gone to such an appreciative home.
    Lovely scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one else could enjoy these as much as you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...