12 January 2014

Winter Farmers Market




Some images from The Brickworks Farmers Market , indoors for the winter.



I have been lucky enough to have a small space in the BMO Atrium, and am trying to make it work. Nice daylight in this spot.




Its a different crowd from the summer months and I am getting to know them. Some year round customers too.


Quilts are not moving, but blankets and vintage sweaters are. I will have to think about moving into a more 'springlike'  look



Not sure what ' schtick' is.....I will ask next week.




Next weekend will be my last market day till April!!! Guess where I will be........

8 comments:

  1. I love the mauve and yellow quilt - the colours remind me of spring and Easter! Not long now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Carole, they are spring colours. Got this 1930s quilt just before Christmas
      May not be long for you, we are lucky if we see a green leaf by May.

      Delete
  2. Sigh! I would be all over your stall like a rash if I lived there.
    Spring and Easter!!! Stop wishing our lives away Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...the extreme cold weather couldn't be the reason for the sweaters and blankets selling better. Nah, people wouldn't want those sorts of things to keep warm, would they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, wha;ya think?.... I am having another binge with the antique needle works mags, Also a couple of Horn Bros blankets have tipped up!!

      Delete
  4. I love the quilts the best and that little dress...looks like it is crochet? I love vintage linens and aprons! Enjoy your week and thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Schtick" is a Yiddish word meaning "gimmick". When we recently celebrated my son's Bar Mitzvah we bought lots of "schtick" for the kids to play with whilst they danced... but we forgot to take it out of the box! Not sure what it has to do with food though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...