17 April 2014

Scarf of the month for April



  Lets forget about the bloody weather and get back to the important things......textiles.

A new series..... Scarf of the Month.  We will see if I can keep it going for a year..
April's scarf from my personal collection.


 I chose this because it is/has
* 1950s
* nice heavy silk crepe
*script
* French script
*hand rolled hem
*romantic
* I have had it for decades
* a Jacqmar


If you like this you may like some other 1950s romantic scarves in my etsy shop.



4 comments:

  1. This is a stunning scarf Jan. Tell me - as the scarf lover and expert that you are - why do they put a great big, beautiful design in the centre of the scarf that you never see when somebody is wearing it. I suppose the answer to my stupid question is 'they just do' but it seems a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Lin, that's the way it is....some would be lovely framed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous Jan!
    Happy Easter!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely worth framing or turning into a pillow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...