02 February 2016

some things remain the same



Some things remain the same in Rarotonga


The most adorable thrift shop in the world is still there.The volunteer remembered me from last year and I bought this


The backyard fruit is still weird and wonderful.




Pareos are still  exuberantly displayed all over the island.

BUT




the local trawler has been stranded on the reef, so fresh fish is scarce. I was lucky to find these skipjacks which I seared on the BBQ and served with a chilli/lime sauce.




3 comments:

  1. Searing freshly caught fish on a barbecue in Rarotonga sounds like heaven to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had Jackfruit from a can, but obviously haven't been lucky enough to eat it 'real'. That looks like a really fun little thrift shop too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...