09 May 2017

Grenada





I'm a sucker for old industrial sites, mills, factories all over the world but Belmont Estates in Grenada must be   the prettiest I have visited. It's a working plantation that dates to the 17the century.


Tools of the trade.


My grandson Oliver feeding the goats,  they make a great goat cheese here.



The nutmeg and mace is trundled out to dry in the sun.


Better explanations here,



On to The River Antoine rum distillery 


I though Oliver was going to fall into the vats.


Great machinery from Derby, beats me how they got it all the way to the Caribbean in  tiny sailing ship.


It was the end of the working day and the staff were enjoying a perk of the job.....about 95% proof I should think.!



I contented myself with a bottle of chocolate rum, should have photographed the colourful label but Im afraid its all gone now. ( see pics here  and here )



2 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of old industrial sites too, so I loved reading about this fascinating place! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I am in Europe I get to tour a lot of old sites...specially cotton mills

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...